To write a letter of invitation in Nepali, you can follow these steps:
- Start by writing your address at the top right corner of the page.
- Below your address, write the date on which you are writing the letter.
- Below the date, write the recipient’s address.
- Below the recipient’s address, write the salutation “नमस्ते” (namaste).
- In the body of the letter, state the purpose of the letter and extend the invitation. For example, you might write “मैले तपाईंलाई निमंत्रण गर्दै छुँ, मैलेको जन्मदिन महोत्सवमा तपाईंलाई साथ हुनेछ।” (maile tapaainlaai nimantran gardai chhu, maileko janmadin mahotsavmaa tapaainlaai saath hunechha), which means “I am writing to invite you to my birthday celebration.”
- Conclude the letter by thanking the recipient for considering the invitation and expressing your hope that they will be able to attend. For example, you might write “धन्यवाद जसलाई मेरो निमंत्रणलाई सुचेक गरेको छ। मैले आशा गर्दै छुँ कि तपाईंले हाम्रो महोत्सवमा हाजिर हुनुहुन्छ।” (dhanyavaad jasalaai meroo nimantranlaai suchaek gareko chha, maile aasha girdai chhu ki tapaainle haamro mahotsavmaa haajir hunuhunchha), which means “Thank you for considering my invitation. I hope that you will be able to attend our celebration.”
- Below the conclusion, write your name and your designation, if applicable.
- Close the letter with a formal closing, such as “सम्मिलित” (sammilit), which means “Sincerely.”
- Below the closing, write your signature.
I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.